Alan has been a Florida lawyer since 1989 and has built a reputation for serving and working on behalf of clients in a range of legal practice areas. September 2014 marks the 25-year anniversary for Alan who has focused on fighting insurance companies that deny people claims, coverage and compensation.
“Having to deal with insurance companies who blatantly will refuse to pay what is owed as determined by a court of law, when this happens people are surprised,” Alan said. “But even after a judgment sometimes insurance companies they need very, very strong personal persuasion to move forward.
“I know that when we’re able to help obtain medical care to folks who are forever running into brick walls, that this practice, this law firm, will make a huge difference to many families desperate for medical help care and solutions. We are committed to helping one family at a time.”
Facing off against insurers is a passion of Alan B. Garfinkel who is a partner in the nationally-recognized Florida community association law firm Katzman Garfinkel. In this firm, Alan helped create the Community Advocacy Network (CAN), an advocacy group for those living, working and serving common interest communities.
Alan’s distinguished legal career accomplishments and recognitions include:
- Alan has received Martindale Hubbell’s “AV” Pre-eminent rating for the past 10 years straight. The award is given to lawyers who maintain the highest ethical standards and provide clients with professional excellence as rated by lawyers and judges in a confidential interview and survey process. An AV Preeminent® rating is a significant accomplishment which is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest levels of professional excellence.
- Alan is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, representing less than 1% of U.S. trial lawyers who have won million- and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
- Alan was selected through peer nominations and evaluations combined with third-party research to the Thomson-Reuters’ peer-reviewed “Super Lawyers” list. He was evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made annually by state.
- Alan holds an AVVO Superb Rating which is an unbiased rating calculated using a mathematical model by which all lawyers are rated using the same standards.
- Alan has served on the HarrisMartin Publishing Insurance Faculty.
- In January 2014, Alan was chosen President Elect, of the Community Association Institute (CAI) Central Florida Chapter.
- Alan is listed in the 2013 and 2014 Bar Register of “Preeminent” Lawyers in the Country.
- In 2012, Alan was named to the “Florida Legal Elite” by Florida Trend’s Magazine.
- In 2011, Orlando Home & Leisure Magazine named Alan one of Orlando’s Top Lawyers.
- From 2007-10 Alan was designated one of the Top Attorneys in Florida (2007-10) by an independent survey of lawyers.
- Alan has been a moderator for LexisNexis Property Insurance Damage Claims from 2004 to 2014.